The first season of The Nevers television series will have 12 episodes, broken into two parts. Part One premiered on April 11, 2021 on HBO and is available to stream on HBO Max. Part Two will be released in 2022.
The season was originally going to have 10 episodes, but the filming was shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic through the fifth episode. Shooting returned in September, when they finished the fifth and sixth episode. HBO and HBO Max chief content officer Casey Bloys explains: "There was kind of a natural narrative break at six. So that was the thought then was to air six episodes. So at least we had something to put out there for subscribers and fans." The season was then expanded to two parts of six episodes each.
August, 1896. Victorian London is rocked to its foundations by a supernatural event which gives certain people — mostly women — abnormal abilities, from the wondrous to the disturbing. But no matter their particular "turns," all who belong to this new underclass are in grave danger. It falls to mysterious, quick-fisted widow Amalia True (Laura Donnelly) and brilliant young inventor Penance Adair (Ann Skelly) to protect and shelter these gifted "orphans." To do so, they will have to face the brutal forces determined to annihilate their kind.
- Laura Donnelly as Amalia True / Zephyr Navine
- Ann Skelly as Penance Adair
- Olivia Williams as Lavinia Bidlow
- James Norton as Lord Hugo Swann
- Tom Riley as Augustus "Augie" Bidlow
- Pip Torrens as Lord Gilbert Massen
- Denis O'Hare as Dr. Edmund Hague
- Rochelle Neil as "Bonfire" Annie Carbey
- Amy Manson as Maladie
- Zackary Momoh as Horatio Cousens
- Eleanor Tomlinson as Mary Brighton
- Elizabeth Berrington as Lucy Best
- Viola Prettejohn as Myrtle Haplisch
- Ella Smith as Désirée Blodgett
- Anna Devlin as Primrose Chattoway
- Kiran Sonia Sawar as Harriet Kaur
- Ben Chaplin as Inspector Frank Mundi
- Martyn Ford as Nicolas "Odium" Perbal
- Vinnie Heaven as Nimble Jack
- Zain Hussain as Aneel
- Pui Fan Lee as Su Ping Lim
- George Dawson as Arthur Twimble
- Domenique Fragale as Elisabetta Cassini
- Sylvie Briggs as Clara Stowe
- Jack Wheatley as Nigel Blodgett
- Brett Curtis as George
- Nicholas Farrell as Prince Albrecht
- Andrew Havill as Douglas Broome
- Tim Steed as Lord Allaven-Tyne
- Rupert Vansittart as Lord Broughton
- Timothy Bentinck as General Pecking
- Mark Benton as the Colonel
- Matt Emery as Detective Birch
- Lola Dubus as Dominique
- David Garrick as Winemar Kroos
Six episodes have been announced for the first part of this season:
|01||"Touched"||Joss Whedon||Joss Whedon||April 11, 2021|
|02||"Exposure"||Jane Espenson||Joss Whedon||April 18, 2021|
|03||"Ignition"||Kevin Lau||David Semel||April 25, 2021|
|04||"Undertaking"||Madhuri Shekar||David Semel||May 2, 2021|
|05||"Hanged"||Melissa Iqbal||Joss Whedon||May 9, 2021|
|06||"True"||Jane Espenson||Zetna Fuentes||May 16, 2021|
Additional 6 episodes will be announced for the second part of season 1.
- The official podcast The Touch Base follows the release of each episode.
- Season 1: Soundtrack from the Original Series is an album that collects Mark Isham's original soundtrack for season 1 part 1.
- The home video Season 1, Part 1, available in DVD and Blu-ray, collects the first six episodes and bonus material.
- Jennifer Maas, "HBO’s ‘The Nevers’ Begins Production on Season 1B, New Episodes to Debut in 2022 (Exclusive)". The Wrap, June 28, 2021.
- Jennifer Maas and Tim Baysinger, "HBO Received 'No Complaints' About Joss Whedon Before He Exited 'The Nevers,' Casey Bloys Says". The Wrap, February 10, 2021.
- "The Nevers - Official Website for the HBO Series". HBO. Retrieved on March 25, 2021.
- "HBO's 'The Nevers' Premiere Draws 1.4M+ Viewers Across Linear & Digital, Best-Ever Original Series Debut On HBO Max". Deadline, April 12, 2021
- "HBO Drama Series THE NEVERS Debuts April 11". WarnerMedia, March 23, 2021.